She Said Yes! is an unincorporated, non-profit, artist-driven feminist theatre company based in St. John’s, Newfoundland. It was founded by Artistic Director Sara Tilley in 2002. The board of directors is Lois Brown, Ruth Lawrence, Kira Sheppard, Louise Moyes and Nicole Rousseau. An artist-driven company led by Artistic Director Sara Tilley, She Said Yes! draws on the talent of a new creative team for each project it undertakes.
She Said Yes! Mandate
She Said Yes! is dedicated to the development of feminist theatre in Newfoundland and Labrador through:
- Development and production of new work which enriches the canon of female characters
- Development of new approaches to theatremaking by female artists
- Production of existing plays which challenge female artists
- Co-production and collaboration with other theatre companies whose interest either in feminist or developmental theatre is in line with our own
- Outreach to other artists through workshops, developmental programming and training opportunities
She Said Yes! is inclusive in philosophy and supports the work of queer and trans women, women of colour and male allies within its developmental programming.